Exploris Aquarium & Seal Sanctuary has had a fantastic first year and this is a great opportunity to update you on some of our key successes to date and remind that this is the perfect time to consider membership to Exploris for 2018, or to purchase membership as a Christmas gift for friends and family.
To date Exploris has …
- 180,000 visitors in Year 1 from across the island of Ireland and Overseas
- Attained a 5 Star Visitor Attraction from Tourism NI Award (only 11 other attractions in Northern Ireland have received this rating)
- Achieved 5 out of 5 for Food Safety Rating
- 250+ schools/leisure groups have benefited from our Educational Program
- 22 Seals have been released back into Strangford Lough via our Seal Rehabilitation Program, with support from DAERA
While also providing a year long program of events for you to enjoy we have also continued to update our facilities here at Exploris, including our soft play area and upgrading of our restaurant/café, while on the educational side we have created our ocean pollution zone to help inform and educate our members and visitors of the significant impact of the tons of waste that are dumped into the oceans and seas.
We continue our seal rehabilitation program and in the aftermath of Storm Ophelia we have been kept extremely busy with some many additional seals needing our care. This project, along with our ongoing education and conservation activity ensure that we continue to receive the very positive feedback from our visitors as this helps shape our future development.
Our 2018 Membership package includes a few great additions to ensure you have an even better experience when visiting us:-
- 25% Off Gift Shop Purchases
- 25% Off Café (not valid for alcohol beverages)
- Free Unlimited entry to Exploris 7 days a week
- Use of Soft Play Area
- Personalised Member Card
- Fast-track during busy holiday and event dates
What’s ever better is that we have retained the membership costs for another year and children (0-2) go free.
- Child Price (Age 3-16) – £20
- Adult Price – £30
So, to ensure you get your new membership card on time for Christmas all you have to do is contact our team on 028 4272 8062 and they will do the rest.